Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Our First Egg


I got an unexpected surprise  yesterday afternoon.  The little girl I take care of some afternoons and my daughter's BFF were out in the yard and found this egg in the pen.  They came in with it hollering.  I couldn't believe it at first.  I mean, it's time, but for some reason I thought chickens just laid eggs first thing in the morning LOL!  No egg this morning, going back out in a little bit to check. 

The girls were so funny because one said she told the other, "Okay, you distract the chicken while I get the egg."  Too cute :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! First eggs are so exciting! Looks like it is a pretty good size for a first egg too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My chickens lay until around 4:00 p.m. There is one that is going to wait until 4:00 no matter what. If I go out at 3:45 to gather eggs, I can always go back later and find one more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy the way you have presented this great information.Have you considered applying to be a newspaper writer? Extremely wonderful writing!

    ReplyDelete