Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Dead chicken :(

So this morning I go out to feed the chickens and one is dead. It is one of the younger ones but they are now almost the size of the big ones.

The top of her head was bloody in a straight line do I don't know if she was pecked or what. I did notice one of the older ones being mean to the two baby reds. She would peck and peck them if they got too close to her while she was eating or drinking. I don't know if I'm not getting food out there in time or if she's just being mean.

Thank you all for leaving comments. I will respond as soon as I have more than an iPod to blog off.

I leave you with a picture of my little side kick, Sue. She goes crazy if you say "ready to go get the kids?" or "let's go feed the chickies."

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this :( I'm not sure what would have caused a straight line of blood on her head, but I think pecking is a likely scenario. Sounds like maybe she got in a fight with one of the bigger ones. So sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, Kelly. I hope it was not a mean hen that did it. Sue looks like she takes her job seriously!

    Hope you are having a great weekend. Happy Mother's Day!

    :)Vicki

    ReplyDelete