Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Snowball Cookies

In an attempt to find some more recipes that included pecans, I remembered that one of our favorite holiday baking recipes originally requires pecans.  I just never use them because my husband is allergic.  Today I decided to do a batch with pecans and one without.  They are so yummy and so easy to make.  Not very calorie friendly, but oh so good :)  Here is the recipe for snowball cookies.  My neighbor calls them wedding cookies.

Snowball Cookies

2 sticks butter
1/2 C powdered sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2-1/4 C flour
3/4 C chopped pecans

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.  Add vanilla.  Sift together flour and salt, add to butter mixture.  Add pecans.  Form into 1 inch balls.  Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.  Watch the bottoms, these burn easily.  I pull them out when they almost start turning brown on bottom. 

While hot, roll in powdered sugar.  Let cool and roll again.

7 comments:

  1. hello
    those cookies looks soooooooooo good.
    thanks for sharing the recipe. lovely blog!
    have a nice day,
    regina
    reginassimplelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness are these like those wedding cookies I love those! I will sooooo be trying these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are ones I LOVE to have with my cup of coffee in the morning! I have a hard time regulating how many I have so I try not to make them too often, or make them when the kids come to visit...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These kind are one of my top favorites, but I've never made them. I think I will use your recipe this year. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the sweet comments! they definitely went fast. They are also great for kids to help with. Mine loved rolling the cookies and then rolling them in the powdered sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They remind me of a cookie by the name of "sandies," which uses pecans and powdered sugar. I think I made them once about a year ago. They are really good. Just made a batch of almond sugar cookies tonight.

    Nice blog. :)


    http://rainbows-and-waterfalls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made these for the first time last year...everyone loved them...so I plan to make them again this year...
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete