Monday, November 21, 2011

Still

Still hoping these late plants will give us some squash before they freeze


Still excited about growing my own cabbage for the first time and they are doing great.  *fingers crossed*



Still picking little stragglers off my green pepper plants and using them and also slicing and freezing them



Still picking these little buggers.  Not selling anymore, cracking and putting them up in the freezer



Still working on my compost pile.  Came home after a weekend away to what looks like pumpkins growing out of it.  Looks like they love my compost.  That is a great sign :)



Still thankful for everything we have and everything we are learning.  So blessed with what we have and our wonderful family and friends.  I hope that you all have a wonderful week! 

This post is linked to the Homestead Revival's Barn Hop

4 comments:

  1. Really? You're lucky, ours froze already except some cabbage that isn't doing much. Hope you squeeze a few more in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, we had one almost freeze. This week it's in the 60s and 70s, it's crazy, but I am not fussing about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl get those pecans to the Nut Cracker, they're bringing a good price this year...I remember growin up we always picked pecans up for our christmas money:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deana, we have sold a bunch and it really helped with Christmas! I wish they would make this good every year, but then again I don't know if my back could handle it :) I'm putting the rest up now to use for baking.

    ReplyDelete