Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Taco Soup

Today I am making a big ole crockpot of taco soup and dreaming of next year when most of the recipe might come from my garden.  This year, the only thing out of my garden is the green peppers!

Taco Soup Recipe

1 green pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
1-2 pounds ground beef
2 packs ranch dressing dry mix
2 packs taco seasoning
2-28 ounce cans diced tomatoes
2-15.5 ounce cans black beans, drained
2-15.5 ounce cans pinto beans, drained
2-15.5 ounce cans sweet corn, NOT drained or a 1 pound bag of frozen corn, add 1 can water

Brown hamburger meat with onions and green peppers.  Drain and add to crock pot.  Add all other ingredients to crock pot.  Stir well and cook on low setting for 6 hours. 

Really great with tortilla chips, shredded cheese and a dallop of sour cream!  My husband and I eat it as a soup, but our kids eat it like a dip, using the chips to scoop it up.  So good!  Perfect for a fall day :)

1 comment:

  1. That soup looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing! Our family loves anything with the word Taco in it! I will definitely try it :)

    ReplyDelete