Sunday, January 15, 2012

Back from a Little Break

I hope everyone had a marvelous Christmas season.  We had a wonderful one, just busy traveling and baking and spending time with family :)  I feel bad for taking such a long break on a blog that I just started. 

I haven't been doing much outdoors to post about.  We have kept the compost going, adding plenty to it.  I went out today and dug some compost and spread it in a part of one of my beds.  I am realizing how quickly planting season is approaching and if I don't get moving, I will not get to do everything I want as far as planting goes.  We went to Tractor Supply yesterday and I bought a GRIT magazine that has really rebooted my desire to be outdoors and working on all my little  projects.  This month also has an article for beginners on raising chickens.  Right up our alley :)

Photo found here
As far as in the kitchen goes, I have been trying really hard to weed out the processed food.  I have been doing a lot more cooking and baking and that wears on me sometimes, especially with a night work schedule.  It's hard to get it all cleaned up.  I make a mess while I'm cooking!  Got to work on that too :)  This morning my daughter and I made Monkey Bread.  Most of you have probably heard of it, but I thought I would share the recipe.  My husband and kids love it.


Monkey Bread

3 cans cheap biscuits
1/2 C sugar
2 tbs cinnamon

1 stick butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbs cinnamon
1/2 C sugar

Cut biscuits into fourths and put in bowl.  Sprinkle with 1/2 C sugar and 2 tbs cinnamon.  Toss in bowl until well coated.  Add biscuits to a greased bundt pan.  Put butter, vanilla, cinnamon and 1/2 sugar into bowl and microwave until melted.  Stir butter mixture and pour over biscuits.  Put in oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.  Turn bread onto dinner plate as soon as removed from the oven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment