Sunday, February 5, 2012

Homemade Memories

I was making some homemade biscuits and sausage gravy this morning. I asked my daughter to being me the biscuit cutter. She asked if we could cut some biscuits in the shape of hearts. I was about to say no because I wanted to get them in the oven quickly, but then I thought why not?


We had a good time.  We made one heart for each child and she was so proud to tell everyone she helped.



Not perfect looking, but delicious, homemade and time well spent with my baby girl!



Try one time this week to say yes to a little one that requests to help in the kitchen if you normally would not.  It means a lot to them to be able to say that they have helped and they will probably learn a few things in the process, as will you!

Linked to the Homestead Revival Barn Hop

and The Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop

7 comments:

  1. I love those heart shaped biscuits. The only one I have wanting to help in the kitchen is the cat browsing on my cupboards. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself trying to say "yes" more to my children, too. I love the heart biscuits! Stopping by from the blog hop.
    JanelleS
    www.financiallyfree4ever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy! Love me some biscuits!

    http://theredeemedgardener.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly,
    I love this post. Little things like this are our biggest happy memories as adults.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW Kelly,
    I have just selected you for the Versatile Blogger Award. I love what you've been writing about lately. Congratulations. You deserve it. You can go to my blog to pick it up. Heidi
    http://mysimplecountryliving.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger-awardees.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really sweet, and I love that you did some heart shaped ones. Those memories stick with us through our lives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for stopping by and the sweet comments! We might have to make this a tradition when I'm making homemade biscuits :)

    ReplyDelete