Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Future Chicken Coop

My husband showed me an old potting shed behind our actual shed a couple years ago.  He has always known it was there, but I did not because it is like a jungle on about one acre of our land.  It is so thick that I was afraid to go back there because of snakes.  He took me back there in the winter when the risk of snakes were gone and there weren't as many thick bushes and stickers.


The wood still looks in good condition.  On one half though, a tree or something fell on it and it caved in.  We are going to lift that one side up and make this into a chicken coop.  We have a lot to do to make it safe from predators and comfy for the chickens, but it is going to be perfect.  We also have to cut a lot of little trees and weeds from around it.  I am still kind of scared to go back there, but I am going to try to overcome that so I can go back and work a little at a time.



There is a lot of debris back here, woods, pots and old bottles!  My husband thinks it was a potting shed because of how the floor was, there are lots of old pots back there (score!) and what looked to be a shelf where they kept their pots.  Oh how I wish I had a picture of what it looked like back when somebody used it. I bet it was pretty neat.



Can't wait to get it all finished and of course I will be posting progress pictures!  We need to hurry, those chicks are growing fast!

This post is part of Homestead Revival's Barn Hop

1 comment: