Friday, June 22, 2012

Lonely Lil Chick

Welp we only have one lonely lil chicken left. I guess once the neighborhood dogs got a taste of our fat chicks, they came back once a day for lunch :( I can't pin it on one dog because I never saw it take place, but I have my suspicions. Nobody keeps their dogs pinned up around here. There is a leash law, but our town is so small, we can't afford to enforce it. I would sit in the yard with a pellet gun, but I don't have that much time on my hands and it seems when the dogs see us out there, they run the other way. We are keeping her penned up except when we are out there. We will get some more chicks once our coop is complete so she won't be so lonely, but it's taking longer than we thought. In the meantime, this is one spoiled chicken!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry a dog got your chickens. There are neighborhood dogs who "visit" our chickens, but they haven't got one yet.

    ReplyDelete