Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Getting Behind on the Housework

Right now I am at that point where I realize I spent the whole fall outside in the beautiful weather and totally neglected my house.  Now it is freezing outside and I want to be warm in my house and I can't stand to look at it!

This happens every.single.year.  And I hate it. 

I hate to do housework, but when my house is clean, I love it and I love the satisfaction of working hard and completing my goals.  It's just so hard to get started.

I have a mountain of laundry.  There are always dishes in the sink.  There is stuff everywhere and as I said yesterday, we have had to shut off half of our house so we can keep it warm and it is starting to feel very cluttered and messy and I despise it!

So now we add Christmas decorations and it's even more of a mess!

I am so overwhelmed.  I want this place looking nice before Christmas, so I am going to take some baby steps in addition to the regular duties I have every day (dishes, load or 2 of laundry, etc). 

Thursday:  Fold and put up all clothes, straighten laundry room
Friday:  Out of town to doctor
Saturday:  Clean out fridge and pantry
Sunday:  Clean diningroom, put Christmas tubs back in shed!
Monday:  Clean off and around my desk
Tuesday:  Organize bathroom cupboards
Wednesday:  Clean Sunporch.

I'm going to hold myself to this list and hopefully a week from today I will report a cleared off list and I will be a lot happier with myself and my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment