Monday, June 11, 2012

It's Raining, It's Pouring

And everything is looking beautiful :)


My zucchini, squash and cucumbers

I used to hate it when it rained, especially when I was little.  Now I really enjoy it, especially if no thunder and lightning is involved!  It has been raining here in South Alabama since Saturday morning.  I just love how everything just springs to life after it has gotten a good rain.  It gives you a chance to get some things done in the house that you have been neglecting.  It also gives you time to just sit and watch and appreciate everything.


I don't have any rain barrels (YET) so I set out a bunch of containers and have been watering everything in my greenhouse with the rain water and all the plants are loving it!



The only downside is that I have three antsy kids. 


But, we have been doing lots of fun stuff though like making croutons, making embroidery floss bracelets, playing legos, and watching the hummingbirds. 



Trying to be quiet and still, watching the hummingbirds

My little diva chickens are not happy about the rain either.  They do not like to get wet, yet they don't like staying cooped up.  Every time I check on them and lift the lid, it's like they want to run out but they don't want to get wet so they just stay in.  Did I mention I am down to 3 :(



Hope everyone is staying dry and you all have a wonderful week!

This post is a part of the

Homestead Revival's Barn Hop 


and


 
The Morris Tribe's Homesteader Blog Carnival

Ya'll check them out!  Lots of great blogs!

3 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Your squash, cukes and zucchini plants look great. Here in Upstate New York, my plants have only 1/2 dozen leaves on them and I'm weeks away from any produce. I used to very much dislike the rain, but now it saves me from having to water my garden (a BIG plus!)
    JanelleS
    www.financiallyfree4ever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love how the rain makes everything grow! Everything is so green at your house. I too want a rain barrel. From time to time our well some how clogs up with grit for a day or so. I would also put that water to good use flushing toilets on those days!! Your children do look they are trying hard to be still for the hummingbirds. So cute!

    Have a great week.

    :)Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly. I wanted to return the blog visit and thank you for taking the time to comment on mine. I got a kick out of the photo of your two kids, "Trying to be quiet and still ...." That's not easy for children!

    I agree about loving the rain now, as an adult, because it means things in the garden can grow. Your garden is looking really good.

    ReplyDelete